Reading this morning from Pujya Dr. Vishwa Mitter Ji Maharaj’s message of July 11, 2006, he mentions that there a strong connection between our Adi Guru Maharshi Vyasdev’s teachings (of four vedas, Puranas, and Adhyatmic Ramayan), and Shree Swami Satyanand Ji Maharaj’s teachings.
Pujya Maharaj Ji encourages us to:
- Implement what we have heard or read so that we can serve others and live a life of a true devotee.
- To devote our every moment to the teachings of Shree Swami Ji Maharaj while giving up our ego, need for praise, fame, etc.
- We should live a life of peace and bliss with the help of Ram Naam which acts like spiritual fire that cleanses our mind, purifies our heart, and gets rid of ignorance.
- To keep our promise to Shree Swami Ji Maharaj to do Jaap, Simran, and dhyan as our guru-dakshina.
- To lead a pure life and become a good sadhak who wil make Shree Swami Ji Maharaj proud.
He asks to join each other and promise to lead a pure, truthful, and spiritual life once again on this day of Guru Purnima.
Reading about Satsangati in Bhakti Prakash about the signs of Sant and the benefits of associating with Sants/Mahatmas it convinces me once again about how lucky and blessed we are having our gurujans in our lives. I am taking a vow once again to be true to our gurujans at Shreeramsharnam, Maharashi Vyasdev JI, and Param Guru Shree Ram.
We may not succeed at living the life (at first or every day) they ask us to lead but we can be like a little child who fails to walk at first attempt and falls many times but never gives up. Shree Swami Ji Maharaj Ji in Pravachan Piyush reminds us that spiritual practice is a long journey but we need to do our practice until our last breath – even at that time if we have realization of Supreme Truth or we get a glimpse of spiritual bliss, etc. – I think our journey will be worth much more than the effort put in because it will be due to Ram Kripa and Guru Kripa we will be blessed to have any spiritual experiences or transformations.